- With less than 10 minutes of training, you will have better sounding and more responsive reeds...guaranteed.
- ReedGeek pays for itself within 2 boxes of reeds.
Users of the tool will discover more "good" and longer performing reeds in a box.
- ReedGeek tools last years, with no sharpening required during its lifetime.
- ReedGeeks are perfect for students, schools and are safe for airplane travel
- ReedGeek's research team is comprised of the world's top players, manufacturers and designers with decades of experience performing, designing and improving woodwind instruments.
"We have encountered and addressed nearly all issues related to reeds (both single and double) and have created innovative solutions to deal with the problems we all face as players!" - Mauro Di Gioia, founder
- ReedGeek obliterates STUFFY REEDS, the #1 complaint of woodwind players
- Reed table warpage
Most commercial reeds will have (or develop) lateral warpage of the reed table either from the factory or when the reed comes in contact with moisture. In this defective state, the reed will not seal correctly along the critical area of the mouthpiece. This area extends along the mouthpiece's side rails through the mouthpiece window and the ever important mouthpiece table. (see DownBeat article)
When the ReedGeek is properly used in daily reed maintenance and reed preparation, the reed and mouthpiece will perform cohesively as a unit. This oscillating unit will have the reed positioned snugly against the mouthpieces' table, side and tip rails creating a temporary vacuum. It is this vacuum (achieved by flattening the backside of the reed with the ReedGeek) and subsequent release (pop) that maximizes the vibration and response of both the reed and mouthpiece, providing clarity of tone, articulation, and control.
- Imbalances at the tip, side-rails and heart due to varying cane densities.
The tip of the tool features a gentle proprietary radius that can be used for precision scraping, including balancing the tip, adjusting the heart or other fine adjustments. The radius allows single-point contact for scraping very precise areas of the reed quickly. On each side of the scraper blade, there is a blade designed specifically to adjust the rails or contour the spine of the reed, maximizing the reed's vibration, response and clarity. (see instructional videos)
- Reed table warpage